PiPT7 virtual talks are presented through Zoom. We recommend downloading Zoom prior to your talk and making sure you have the latest version of Zoom installed. If you need to download Zoom, you may do so here: zoom.us/download.
The conference secretariat will provide the designated link to the Zoom webinar, which will be posted along with the program schedule. Only registered participates will receive the passcode for entering the Zoom. So please do remember to register before the deadline: November 4th, 2021.
- We recommend wearing headphones with a built-in microphone, or headset, for best audio quality.
- Try to find good lighting, where the light is in front of you, rather than behind you.
- Share your screen, by selecting the Share Screen button in the meeting controls bar. For additional information on Screen Sharing, see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen.
- Below are some tips for displaying your presentation via screen sharing in Zoom. We recommend to display your slides in full screen mode.
- PIPT7 staff will be in the Zoom meeting room 10-15 minutes before your session is scheduled to begin, if you’d like to test your presentation, microphone, or webcam at that time.
Tips for slide sharing via Zoom:
- PowerPoint, Use Presentation mode in the Slideshow tab and select From Beginning or Current slide. For additional information, see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-Sharing-a-PowerPoint-Presentation.
- Keynote: Use windowed mode to see the controls. To display your cursor while you present, open Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow tab > Interacting and select “Show pointer when using mouse or trackpad”. For additional information, see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362963-Screen-Share-A-Keynote-Presentation.
- PDF: Open your usual PDF viewer and then select Enter Full Screen or Slideshow.
Virtual Poster Sessions
PiPT7 virtual poster sessions will be conducted through Cvent. There are currently two poster events scheduled:
- November 10 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm MST (Santa Fe time; Central Europe: 8:00pm; Tokyo: 4:00am)
- November 16 – 7:00pm – 9:00pm MST (Santa Fe time; Central Europe: 3:00am; Tokyo: 11:00am)
The first session will focus on the US and European presentations; the second will focus on the presentations from Asia. See Poster Presentation Schedule for details.
To participate the events, all PIPT7 participants registered before the deadline will also be automatically registered for the events. One does not need to download any software to enter, For the presenters, the booths will be automatically setup for you. One needs to upload the media into the booth before the conference. The instructions will be sent to you by the event organizers once the site is ready.